Goals, goals and more goals. Where to start…
I suppose I could start with the ginormous one first: 1. Qualify for Boston. This may be a super duper long shot, but the way I see it if you don’t have goals (no matter how lofty) you aren’t pushing yourself. Plus, who says this isn’t possible? Go BIG or go home, right?
2. Run New York City marathon
3. Run a marathon. Any marathon. (probably would have made sense to rank this before Boston and NYC – but apparently I don’t do things in order)
4. Run a half marathon sub 1:40
5. Run 2 half marathons in 2 weeks
6. Run a half marathon a month for a full year
7. Run Nike Woman’s half or full marathon (or both)
And last but definitely not least, the reason I have yet to run a full marathon is not for all the normal people reasons:
– time commitment
Nope, I’m not bothered by any of the above. The main reason I hesitate to run a marathon is solely because I don’t want to end up like this dude:
I once heard the saying “You’re not really a marathoner until you’ve pooped your pants running”. Quite frankly, I’ve never been much of a follower, and I’m not gonna start now. So that said, my final goal (which applies no matter what, where or when I’m running): 8. Don’t poop my pants running. Ever.